Posted on January 02 2018
Wedding fashion is a different beast than regular fashion. To make getting ready for your big day a little easier, we put together this list of bridal style advice from well-known fashion designers like Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani and Sabyasachi. They advise you on everything from outfits to jewellery to confidence.
Manish Malhotra is a big name in the fashion industry. Let’s see what he has to say on dressing up for the most important day of your life.
- For your bridal lehenga or saree, Indian Fashion designer Manish Malhotra advices to ask your dress designer for two trials of your entire outfit. Ask for the first trial when the embroidery is complete but only a little of the stitching has been done. And ask for the second one after the entire outfit is stitched and ready. This way you can ask for any adjustments that need to be made while the lehenga or saree is being stitched.
- Another fashion tip is to always, always ask for a little margin to be left inside the outfit when asking a designer to customize your outfit. This leaves room for you to make some changes in the size and fit of the outfit, down the line.
- The best thing about Indian weddings is that the different functions allow you a chance to experiment with different styles. Feeling adventurous? Try lehengas and sarees in interesting shades like bright orange, deep mauve and ink blue.
[ Related: Manish Malhotra, one of the most celebrated designer & influential personality whose designs reflect contemporary India]
Tarun Tahiliani is another most celebrated Indian wedding designer and he as some important tips for you to consider.
- Comfort is the key. Yes, even for weddings. This is most important fashion tip by Indian fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani suggests that since you're going to be in the same outfit and heavy jewellery on your wedding day, it is important that you are comfortable.
- Classics are classics for a reason. Whenever you are unsure, stick with classics.
- Going for a heavily embroidered lehenga? Is your saree studded with a million little stones? Then plan your outfits in such a way that even removing all this heavy embroidery won't destroy its structure or silhouette.
- Stick with evening gowns and dresses for the cocktails and bachelor/bachelorette party. For other pre-wedding functions like mehendi and sangeet, go for a light Lehenga or an eye-catching Anarkali. For your wedding ceremony, opt for a heavily embroidered Indian fashion designer saree or Lehenga. And attend your reception in either a simpler saree or even an evening gown.
- There's only one tip by Indian fashion designer Rohit Bal for your wedding, "Be your own person." All of us take weddings to be an excuse for overdoing the bling. Bal advises to not unscrupulously pile on the bling just because everyone else does it. Stick to what will make you happy.
If you want to buy a designer saree online, anarkali suit online, lehenga choli online, Panache Haute Couture is the best place to turn to. On this website, you will find latest trends in the fashion industry that includes all the ethnic wear from salwar kameez to designer sarees. Next time you want to shop for the best ethnic wear for wedding occasions, you must check out online designer boutique Panache Haute Couture.